Do you know how to measure the health of your hiring experience? HR Net promoter score is a proven metric you can use to measure how excited employees are about your hiring experience.
How To Calculate Net Promoter Score
Net promoter score is calculated based on a single question.
The question is:
"On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend applying for work at Acme company to your friends, family, and associates?"
Your responsees fall into one of three categories:
- Promoters = those who select 9 or 10
- Passives = those who select 7 or 8
- Detractors = those who select 0 through 6
Your net promoter score is calculated using this formula:
Promoters% - Detractors% = Net Promoter Score
So if 85% of your employees are promoters and 5% are detractors your NPS is 85%-5%= 80.
What's a good net promoter score?
Your promoter score will fall on a range of -100 to +100.
- Good = any score above "0"
- Excellent = any score above "50"
- World Class = any score above "70"
If your NPS is above 50, you're HR organization is performing very well. A score above 50 indicates that your company places candidate experience in high priority and has a lot more satisfied employees than unsatisfied ones.
A NPS above 70 places you among top performing candidate centric recruiting organizations. This means that your employees and candidates loved your hiring experience. You are generating a lot of positive word of mouth and your employee referral numbers should be high.
The stronger your net promoter score is the easier it will be for your company to make great hires and retain existing employees.
Now that you have a good understanding of what NPS ranges mean, the best way to measure your NPS is by surveying your hiring funnel through text message. Who should you survey via text message? Job seekers, applicants, candidates, new hires, or employees?
Ideally, you'd like to survey them all. But, your time is limited and recruiting isn't a full time research position. So, just focus your efforts on the #1 source of word of mouth for your recruiting. Survey your new hires and employees.
Employee referrals are the #1 predictor of a successful hire. According to a study by Jobvite, employee referrals produce the fastest time to hire.
Average Time To Hire:
- Employee referrals = 29 days
- Job posting = 39 days
- Career site = 55 days
Research from Meritage Talent also suggests that a referred candidate is cheaper, onboards faster, and stays at their job longer. Benefits extend to the referring employee as well, as employees who refer candidates tend to stay at their role longer than typical employees.
Optimizing your funnel for employee referrals and engagement could be the missing X factor to drop your cost per hire, shorten time to hire, and increase retention.
How To Get NPS Via Text Message
Connect your ATS with TextRecruit's candidate engagement platform. We're integrated with Bullhorn, iCims, and over 30 others. Click here to request an integration with your ATS provider.
1. Log in to TextRecruit and schedule a campaign.
2. Click add campaign to create a new campaign. You can call it "Employee NPS".
3. Add candidates from TextRecruit or import them from your connected ATS or CRM.
4. Schedule a message to your campaign.
5. Log into survey monkey and click "create survey"
6. Select the net promoter score template survey
7. Your survey should look something like this
8. Next get the survey link to distribute it on TextRecruit
9. Copy the link and paste it into your TextRecruit Employee NPS campaign.
10. Use the following message copy and send your campaign:
"Hi $firstName this is Ameya from HR. Could you take 10 seconds to answer this 1 question survey: $link Responses are 100% anonymous. Thank you!"
Learn How Top Employers Are Using Text Message